It’s the morning after an L.A. Christmas, but before we shake off the gold dusting and land back in reality, Christine Cover Ferro takes one last look at the fabulous dresses that will be knocked off in a prom section near you this spring...
1. Sandra Bullock (above, left) is back on our list this year with a black and white backless Marchesa gown that was like the world’s best mullet: elegant leading lady in the front, DAYUM in the back.
2. Red carpet darling, and all-around it-girl we most want to get a beer with, Emma Stone (above, right) was adorable in her floaty Giambattista Valli. The gorgeous cherry-red shade and bow gave the 30s inspired silhouette a whimsical pop that was all-too apropos for the comedienne.
3. The ladies of Bridesmaids collectively knocked it out of the park, scoring them a shout-out for best-dressed ensemble. Rose Byrne’s disco-goddess sequined Vivienne Westwood is my pick for best not-so-basic black dress of the night. Annnnd...Scorsese! Drink!
3. Cameron Diaz’s ivory Gucci elevated the mermaid dress (above left). It was a perfect dress to show off her fabulous figure, and the jagged sparkle trim and chiffon ruffles evoked the tides coming up a white sand beach, fitting for the sunny California girl.
4. Viola Davis (above, right) has been making red carpet magic this awards season, and her vibrant green Vera Wang was no exception. Gorgeous color, gorgeous shape, gorgeous bling, loving the newly ginger ‘do.
5. Midnight blue Roberto Cavalli fit cool blonde funny girl Leslie Mann to a T. The geometric beadwork plays off the draped sash nicely to give Grecian a new twist.
Christine Cover Ferro