Jennifer Lopez/Cate Blanchett/Nicole Kidman
It's tough being a girl. Not that I know... I can only surmise. But c'mon guys have it easy; shave, shower, toss on a white shirt & a dark suit & bounce. With women the choices are endless. It's all about prep. And execution.
These are the ladies who pulled it all together & looked ridiculously chic while doing it. The best dressed women of 2007:
Hayden Panettiere/Carolina Herrera
10) Hayden Panettiere - No nude cell pics (Vanessa), No leaked porn tapes (Paris) & most importantly No stupid scarves wrapped around her neck (Lindsay) or huge purses overwhelming a too tiny frame (MK/Ashley). Heroes sucked this season but Hayden rose glam-ly above. Hayden is like a wonderful starlet from the past... Like Judy or Elizabeth. Always turned out perfectly dressed & sweetly coiffed.
9) Milla Jovovich - The hottest Model-Actress in the game. Her movies don't do well but no one gives face & outfits like Milla. And her fashion line Jovovich-Hawk is covetable. J'adore her in the Chanel ads...
8) Sofia Coppola - The queen of the cool girls. Marc's best gal pal is a talented filmmaker, Hollywood royalty & mixes vintage, designer & new labels unlike anyone else. She is year in & year out one of the world's most stylish women.
7) Jessica Alba - I'm not a fan of her as an actor per se. Has she been good in a movie yet? Wait...I did like her in Sin City. Anyway she dresses like a lady & does easy, breezy, beautiful better than any other young actress in La La Land.
6) Naomi Campbell & Liya Kebede - Two of the top models in the world. Two of the best bodies in the business. Two of the chicest girls ever. When everything looks good on you, this is how you should wear it.
Naomi Campbell/Liya Kebede (inset)
5) Jennifer Lopez - Please ignore that horrid Roberto Cavalli designed nightmare she wore in concert. Please refer to the wonderful white gown she wore to the 2007 Movies Rock event. She looked like a goddess.
4) Nicole Kidman - 3 words: RED BALENCIAGA DRESS.
Cue Carly: Nobody does it better... Makes me feel sad for the rest... Nobody does it half as good as you... Baby, you're the best.
3) Rachel Roy - No I didn't say Ray (who desperately needs a make-better), I said Roy. Remember this name. She's not just Damon Dash's exotic wife. Rachel Roy is gorgeous. She exudes style & oozes class. And I love when a designer doesn't limit herself to wearing her own designs, even though her line is fantastic. She just looks rich. And chic.
2) Cate Blanchett - Beautiful. Intelligent. Strong. Witty. All the things she brings to her performances she brings to her amazing personal style. An awesome Aussie.
1) Kate Moss - Kate is a modern muse. Shrunken blazers, vintage designer, clutches, flats, skinny jeans, menswear; if she didn't start a trend she wore it better & before anyone else. More covers, more campaigns & more personal style than anyone. Period.
So there you have 11 women who made it easy to look glorious in 2007. If I had more slots I'd add Lisa Airan, Keira Knightley, Carolina Herrera & her daughter Junior, Renee Zellweger, Michelle Obama & toss in a little Queen Rania of Jordan too.